view more of my work at www.artbykathymichels.com

for commission information or purchases please email me at
artbykathymichels@yahoo.com




Wednesday, February 24, 2010

The Emotions of Painting . . .


My first major composition was completed in January. It will always be the one most dear to my heart. It was my first time coming up with a major composition and having someone pose for the photo shoot. It was also a time for choosing clothing colors and textures as well; something that hadn't even entered my mind. It is overwhelming, nerve wracking, flustering, scarey and exciting all at the same time. I never knew painting was so emotional.
This is also the first piece that I will be entering in the watercolor society shows. That is another emotional journey trying to complete the first set of paperwork and meeting deadlines. After the first piece it becomes routine. But that first time you enter a major show it too is a bit overwhelming making sure you meet all the specs and guidelines.

1 comment: