view more of my work at www.artbykathymichels.com

for commission information or purchases please email me at
artbykathymichels@yahoo.com




Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Newest Watercolor "Mommy and the Girls"

My newest watercolor painting of my pregnant mommy and her little daughter is complete.
They were such adorable models. Some paintings are so relaxing and such fun to do it is almost kind of sad to finish them. I am finishing up the drawing for my next painting and will be ready to start this week. I really hate having a day when I have nothing ready to paint. I love putting in about four hours each day on painting.

As a lupus patient, it is so nice to have something I am so passionate about doing. I am so limited at times at where I can go and what I can do. The day to day challenges can be overwhelming. Having the art to concentrate on makes the world a brighter place. One of my goals for 2011 is to get together lupus patients for photo shoots. It is so important with this disease to have some outlet. Once we get this underway I plan to get the group into some social networking sites to display our work. Hopefully in the coming year we will have a great local show so people can see the world through the eyes of us lupies. They might be surprised. Hopefully our networking will encourage lupies and others with illnesses to get creative and enjoy life. I will be updating here in the months ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment